Welcome to Spin2016
RedEmprendia Spin is the big universitary entrepreneurship event of Latin America. An open meeting with the aim of awakening, support an promote the entrepfeneurial talent and strengthen the contribution of the University to the economic and social development of peoples and countries.
Every two years RedEmprendia Spin displays an intense program with lectures, debates, competitions, training, networking and many other content for students, researchers, universities, entrepreneus, companies and investors. A unique opportunity to share experiences, improve knowledge and skills in entrepreneurship or the latest trends and technologies that are born of university research and have come to market.
It has so far with two editions: Spin2012, held in Madrid (Spain), and Spin2014 in Mexico City. Spin2016 be held in Santiago de Compostela (Spain), from 29 September to 1 October.
Spin is organizated by RedEmprendia, in alliance with its partner universities, Universia and Banco Santander through Santander Universities.
- More than 300 applications received
- 38 spin-offs and startups selected from more than a hundred
- 40 investors and business angels
- 60000 euros in prize
- More than 300 attendes from 10 countries
- Extensive international coverage, with impact on media from 9 countries
- More than 560 applications received
- More than 100 ideas, business models an companies supported
- 30 investors, equity funds, accelerators and family offices from 6 countries
- 10000 euros in prize
- 1000 attendes from 16 countries
- More tan 700 appearances in media, news portals, specialized websites, university websites, blogs, etc, from 23 countries
Why to participate
Spin2016 has two lines of action to strengthen the university entrepreneurship in its various stages of development:
- Model2Market: to identify, promote and recognize business models from the Latin American university communities, and oriented entrepreneurship with criteria of innovation and differentiation.
- SmartMoney4Stars: showcase investment opportunities and networking for university spin-offs and startups and international investors
Spin2016 attendance is free, but we have limited places. If you want to join the entrepreneurial movement, you must register on this page.
Once you registered you can set up meetings with investors and entrepreneurs through this website, by filling this form