1 DAY | Horizon 2020, International info-day
November 21, 2017
h 09:00 - 17:30
The Horizon 2020 space info day is organized by APRE on behalf of MIUR -Ministry of Education, University and Research, in collaboration with the ASI - Italian Space Agency and the representatives of the Horizon 2020 Space Specific Configuration.
The work programme is structured to address these specific priorities:
- Prioritising the existing two EU Space flagships of European Global Navigation Satellite System (EGNSS) and Earth Observation reaping the benefits they can generate in the coming years and ensuring their state-of-the-art also in the future;
- Ensuring support for the third priority of the EU space policy: the protection of space infrastructure, and in particular the setting up of a Space Surveillance and Tracking system (SST) at European level;
- Ensuring support to EU industry to meet the objectives defined in the Commission communication on Space Industrial Policy, notably to maintain and enhance industry’s competitiveness and its value-chain in the global market;
- Ensuring that Europe’s investments made in space infrastructure are exploited to the benefit of citizens; as well as supporting European space science; &
- Enhancing Europe’s standing as an attractive partner for international partnerships in space science and exploration.
space info day
h 9:15 - 13:00
Access to Finance for the space sector
h 14:00 - 16:00
The EU is funding space research through the Horizon 2020 programme.
- Enabling European competitiveness, non-dependence and innovation of the European space sector.
- Enabling European competitiveness, non-dependence and innovation of theEuropean space sector.
- Safeguard and further develop a competitive, sustainable andentrepreneurial space industry and research community and strengthenEuropean non-dependence in space systems.
- Boost innovation between space and non-space sectors.
- Enabling advances in space technologies.
- Enabling the exploitation of space data.
- Enabling European research in support of international space partnerships.
- The application of space technologies shall be supported through therespective specific objectives of the priority “Societal challenges”, whereappropriate.
> Info: http://ec.europa.eu/growth/sectors/space_en