UK Info Day – Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 5
23 November 2016, Austin Court Conference Centre, Birmingham, UK
Registration for this event has now closed.
The Enterprise Europe Network in partnership with Innovate UK invites you to participate in an exclusive National Information Day and official launch event to introduce the 2017 round of calls for Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 5 – Climate action, environment, resource efficiency and raw materials.
This is a FREE event that will introduce the calls for proposals in 2017, present insights and priorities from the European Commission, explain support available to UK applicants; and offer a networking experience to help forge the winning partnerships of the future. In addition, National Contact Points (NCPs) from the UK, Ireland, Poland and Cyprus will be on hand to help broker potential collaborations.
The programme, which runs throughout the morning and ends with a networking lunch, will include presentations from the European Commission, relevant NCPs and Innovate UK as well as an opportunity to pitch your ideas and expertise in front of leading research organisations and cutting-edge innovators from across industry.
Under Societal Challenge 5, the planned research and innovation and innovation action projects will cover the following broad lines of activity:
- Climate Action – focus on market value of climate services, as well as modelling and climate prediction projects
- Cultural Heritage – sharing best practice and demonstrating the added economic, social and environmental value of cultural and industrial heritage
- Earth Observations – covering observation gaps, calibration and validation of sensing data and Earth Observation services for crucial information on climate
- Nature-Based Solutions – developing and demonstrating green and blue infrastructure solutions for sustainable cities and economic and social wellbeing
- Systemic Eco-Innovation – generating and sharing economic and environmental benefits of circular economy
- Raw materials – solutions to improve sustainable supply of critical raw materials
Resource efficiency, closed loop supply chains and environmental impact are cross cutting themes. A selection of topics from Societal Challenge 2 will be also presented including:
- Innovative and resource efficient agri-food chains
- Solutions for sustainable food packaging
- Innovation for clean coasts and seas
- Management of soil water resources in the EU and China
- Resource-efficient urban agriculture for multiple benefits
- Improve your chances of success by understanding the main issues and expectations for 2017
- Raise your profile and showcase your ideas in a pitching session
- Learn about tailored support on offer from the NCPs and other networks
Who Should Attend?
- Innovative companies, universities, research centres and others interested in Horizon 2020 Societal Challenge 5
- Project leading organisations seeking additional partners to join bidding consortia
- Innovative organisations with suitable skills and capabilities seeking to join project teams