Supplier Self-Nomination Instructions
If you are an SPLC Supplier Role member, or, if you received an invitation from an SPLC Purchaser Role member, you may self-nominate your business for a Supplier spot in SPLC Connect by following the instructions below.
Please note that placement is not guaranteed for any nominated business. A committee of SPLC Purchaser Role members reviews all nominated suppliers and selects suppliers to participate based on alignment with needs expressed by registering buyers, in addition to the supplier's sustainability leadership, of course. This means that selected suppliers can be sure the SPLC Connect Planning Committee felt there will be genuine business opportunities for them at the event.
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY DELAY CONSIDERATION OF YOUR NOMINATION OR NEGATE IT ALTOGETHER.
- Read the How It Works and Frequently Asked Questions pages.
- Look at these examples of excellent supplier profiles (click "Cooperation Profile" tab after opening link): Example 1, Example 2, Example 3, Example 4
- Click the green "Register for this event" button in the top of the right column.
- Choose "Supplier" for Registrant Type.
- Check off each Round of meeting times you want to be available for scheduling meetings with purchasers. (To maximize the opportunity, you will want to check all of them. Though, it may be a good idea to leave one of the Rounds between 6pm and 8:30pm open so you can get food at the reception.)
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- Click Next Step.
- Fill out the requested Personal data.
- Fill out the requested Organizational data.
- Provide a brief description of your organization. Do not put detailed information about your product and/or service offerings here. Detailed product/service information will be entered into "Cooperation Profiles" later.
- Indicate where your organization sits in a buyer's "value chain".
- Indicate your organizatin's areas of activity.
- [Leave the question directed to Buyers blank.]
- Click Next Step.
- [Do NOT complete the payment step! Payment is only due if the Planning Committee selects you for participation.]
- Click the "Add Cooperation Profile" link. [Please note that your nomination will NOT be considered by the Planning Committee unti it has at least one Cooperation Profile.]
- Read and follow the instructions under the heading "Create new cooperation profile" very carefully! It will help you make sure you submit a solid nomination to the Planning Committee, and will save you some frustration.
- Click Save.
- [Repeat steps 15-17 to create as many Cooperation Profiles as makes sense for your business's offerings.]
- We strongly recommend adding a Profile picture. To add a Profile picture, click the "Your Account" button and then go to the Registration tab. Scroll to the bottom of the page. Follow the upload instructions and hit Save.
- When you think you have your profile and Cooperation Profiles complete. Review how it will look to others by clicking the "Your Account" button and then the "Show Profile" button.
- Your nomination submission is now complete. [Ignore the message about needing to make payment.] The Planning Committee will review your submission, and all other newly completed submissions, at its next bi-weekly meeting. You should hear within 2 weeks if your application to participate has been approved, held for further consideration, or declined.