Welcome to the
Austrian-Canadian Science and Innovation Days
Following-up the successful Round-Table between Austrian and Canadian Science and Innovation Stakeholders in Toronto, in October 2016 within the frame of the “Austrian Research and Innovation Talk 2016”, the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy (BMWFW) now organises in cooperation with the Austrian Research and Promotion Agency (FFG) the “Austrian-Canadian Science and Innovation Days” in Vienna, Austria.
- providing an in-depth insight into the setting of the Austrian and Canadian Science, Research and Innovation landscape,
- illustrating the possibilities of joint co-operation including available funding opportunities,
- demonstrating the specific fields of interest and strengths in Austria and Canada to find synergies and identify possible collaborations,
- providing a platform to meet potential new co-operation partners in Austria,
- conclusion of bilateral agreements between Austrian and Canadian partners.
Representatives of Canadian and Austrian:
- research organisations,
- research funding organisations,
- research-performing companies,
- federal/regional governments and authorities and
- members of the "Research and Innovation Network Austria (RINA)".
- will present the STI landscapes in Canada and Austria including main related challenges and developments in their countries and
- funding opportunities for Canadian-Austrian STI cooperation,
- will highlight bilateral success stories in research & innovation as well as presenting feasible measures and
- key priorities/topics, challenges, trends and opportunities for bilateral research & innovation cooperation in the thematic panels:
(1) Energy Efficiency + Green Technologies,
(2) Social Science and Humanities and
(3) Life Sciences, Health, Biotech.
- are an ideal opportunity to initiate promising contacts in pre-arranged meetings,
- add your cooperation profile (if interested) during registration process,
- bilateral meeting booking opportunity will be possible from 01 September until 13 September 2017.
- The Science and Innovation Days will be accompanied by site visits in Austria in line with the preferences and thematic backgrounds of the Canadian participants.
Matchmaking - How does it work?
- Register (for the different sessions!), publish your organisational profile and (if interested in bilateral B2B meetings with other participants) your cooperation wishes/offers until 08 September.
- After validation of your registration by the event organisers your participation will be confirmed by email.
- Browse the participant list and book meetings from 01 September until 14 September 2017.
(your meeting requests will be send to selected participants of your choice)
- 0n 15 September you will receive your personal meeting schedule.